- Reserve a unique company name: Agency: Liberia Business Registry
The applicant can search the name online or at the Liberian Business Registry (LBR) helpdesk. The reservation of the name lasts for 120 days at the cost of about USD15.00.
- Register at the Liberia Business Registry: Agency: Liberia Business Registry
The entrepreneur submits the company registration application to the Liberia Business Registry (LBR) office. The application must include the following documents:
Consolidated application for a limited liability company contains:
1. Registration Form (RF – 001)
2. Articles of incorporation
3. Copy of ID documents as attachments to forms A or B
4. Additional parts:
- Empowered person form (A) or Registered agent form (B) in case of a company representative
- Incorporator(s) form (E)
- Shares and shareholder(s) form (F)
- Information for TAX authority form (Q)
LBR officers review the application and request the Tax Identification Number (TIN) and BPS from the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning on behalf of the entrepreneur.
- Pay fees and obtain proof of payment: Agency: Liberia Business Registry (Central Bank window)
The entrepreneur proceeds to the bank window in order to pay the associated registration fees. Upon payment of the fee, the Bank officer issues a flag receipt of the Government of Liberia as proof of payment. This receipt has to be returned to the initial officer who accepted the application.
- Receive the Business Registration Certificate: Agency: Liberia Business Registry
The entrepreneur returns to the Liberia Business Registry office to submit the proof of fee payment. The officer then journalizes the dossier and provides the entrepreneur with the receipt slip, thereby approving the dossier for processing. The entrepreneur can track the status of the application online; and upon approval, the company receives a Business Registration Certificate.
This process can take between 48-72 hours